Anugerah Naib Canselor - Diploma in Business Studies

by - February 16, 2019

Thinking of the day when I received my UPU result in 2016, it was distressing. It broke me into tears that day. I didn't even get any of my first top 4 choices. Period!

Eventually, my tenth choice was picked. Itu pun sekadar mengisi kekosongan dalam ruang UPU. Dia punya sedih tu, waktu MDS daftar a day lambat ok sebab sedih sangat. T.T

The future didn't seem bright anymore, I thought everyone deserves a second chance? My SPM result was just average and I moved on because I knew there would always room for me to improve myself. Knowing the fact that I didn't get what I wanted, frustrates the hell out of me. I already had my life plan where I am heading and alas never did once ever crossed in my mind taking business studies.

To compare my result with my sister, mine was way better but she managed to be in the course once I wanted. Up till this moment, I don't even know why I wasn't accepted to any of my first top 4 choices. That's what happened 3 years ago, not knowing what the future lies for me.

Moving forward to 2019, Alhamdulillah I successfully secured my Vice-Chancellor Award for my Diploma. Syukur Alhamdulillah. I am very thankful. I couldn't even find the exact word to express my feelings but in a word, it would be - Alhamdulillah. I believe that I have come too far to be where I am today. After all my effort and countless breakdowns throughout five semesters, they were finally paid off in the end.

Crazy how these past few years have been, doing something that I never thought of doing and able to finish what I've started - give me hope to strive for greater success and fly even higher in achieving my dreams. I might get comfortable with my course field already but deep down inside, my actual goal never dies and you guys are the ones who make it possible! I personally want to thank each and everyone who constantly make time to read my humble blog. I didn't have a lot of readers back then, not until this post blew out:



I talked on how I study, do have a read if you haven't. I honestly glad that I had highlights of my every semester written, you can have a read:





Semester 5 wasn't difficult as what I imagined it would be, what made it hard - we had so little time to complete our assignments and had no choice but juggling between study and stay true to ourselves because I reached that point I just wanted to quit. Things I had to deal with - continuous hectic weeks, last minute given tasks, and of course, the subjects got even tougher than previously yang sampai nak nafas pun tak sempat. That is what semester 5 was all about in a nutshell. We were told and reminded since part one that ENT would be troublesome and your friendship and level of patience will be tested that time. Well, indeed it was, not gonna lie on this but I am glad my groupmates and I had it done well.

I started off pretty well, skipped class for a couple of times during the first two weeks, arrived at the class just in time before lecturers began their teachings which something that I would never be proud of. I actually got carried away with the term of being a senior. You come late to class, ditched college events, literally didn't care what was happening to your surrounding and mainly you are the big sister after all yang macam hello show me some respect will do? Kidding.

As I am writing this, I don't really have the exact content what I would say because if I were to share on how do I study, I already talked about it so there's no point to share the same thing again. The routine was the same sampai ke akhirnya. Looking at myself now, I believe I have grown to be the person that I once hoped for. Alhamdulillah.

If you ever wonder how was it possible for me to study something that I don't like, you most probably forgot that everyone wants success, including me. Who doesn't want to achieve all the good things in life? It didn't take me so long to adjust my life back then. Whatever happens throughout the way was influenced by how my previous school, MRSM Tun Ghafar Baba taught me. With that, I am always thankful for the privilege of studying there, always. It was a bonus for me because TGB had prepared me well for my uni life.

Being a sentimental person requires me to create memories as many as possible before we part ways. I want to be able to look back at those diploma days I had, and thought of; it was indeed a beautiful journey. I didn't want to regret for the times I had to get close to my friends yet I didn't spend it well with them.  

Sometimes life just works in a mysterious way like how I actually ended up last semester. I happened to be close with these crazy bunch who wanted to go for a holiday after finals yet we still haven't planned anything until today. #sembang. Nevertheless, we got closer for the past few months and mind you; they were my happy pills who made my day better and crazier. 

If you were to ask young and innocent Sarah Hannani - to be close with them was probably the least favourite thing she wants to do. Kelakar bila fikir balik, I hated Zafirah and Solihin back then. Just because they were typical couple that hooked up among classmates. Hillarious! Look at where it has gotten me, they played a huge role as we spent a lot of time together. Breakfast together, lepas kelas melantak pun sama-sama. study pun sesama, membawang tu paling sekepala,#eh and, honestly, I wouldn't want to cherish, spend and enjoy my final semester with anyone else other than these annoying friends Weena, Sujep, Zaf, Sol, Nas and Amal.

They are my highlights of final semester. I thank God for you guys. Sayang korang walaupun perangai tak berapa nak betul sangat.

Besides, I began to grow the bond between some other friends too, and I am glad that it happened naturally. Undeniably, semester 5 had been the toughest, yet I am thankful for everything that took place. My final semester had allowed me to make mistakes so that I can grow to be the better version of Sarah Hannani. I am not scared of not doing the right thing anymore because I believe the more mistakes I make, the more quality experience I would gain.

To my amazing friends whom I got close within final semester and those I made friends with since my first day in Segamat, thank you for being a part of my journey. You guys have no idea how you have shaped me throughout the way. For all the good things you say, all the laughs and inside jokes, all the membawang session, and mainly for accepting for who I am even when there were times you want to kill me due to my annoyingness. Therefore, the least that I can do is to pray to Allah SWT to bless you my friends with endless barakah and happiness dunya and akhirat Aamiin ya Rabbal Alamin. I hope our friendship lasts forever and may our paths meet again in shaa Allah.

My bawang girls. Joy ketuanya.

You have no idea how much I love you Amal, thank you for everything you do for me. I know you'll read this. Love you so much.
It always fun to have you around, sweetheart. Thank you for being a good friend of mine. Lots of Love.



We first met on first day of lecture dekat tangga blok C. Jumpa je terus click yang cam onz centu. The only friend I have from semester one until semester 5. Through ups and downs. Love you big time.

There is no shortcut in success. You have to work hard to earn it. Doesn't matter if your friends did well in the test and you didn't because what's the point of finals even there? Buck up and double your effort to score for finals! All you need was discipline and arranged your time properly - prioritize what to study first and please focus one subject at a time. Tips: You don't even need to study everything, kalau topic ada 10 cover je 9 topics. Trust me you will have more time to revise. BUT make sure you have read every single thing sebab if not, you wouldn't get to answer well later on. Thank me later! 

I remember someone asked me is Segamat a good place to study? I would say YES despite the simfoni alam location itself. I personally enjoyed doing my diploma there, it's just the place is too far and not even close to how Melaka is. There are always pros and cons though, but Segamat isn't bad after all, perhaps I got used to it. I was in TGB before so there was nothing much different. Since UiTM Segamat is small so it doesn't matter if you get up late, you can still rush to class and get just in time. Except if your morning class is at BK, then you most probably dead by the time you arrive. In all fairness, you won't get distracted easily because you don't even have any fancy place to go, you have no choice but stuck in your room and study. And the food there is so good masyaAllah so don't worry datang 40 kg, balik dari Segamat 50kg. I would miss the fresh air, those green trees,  disruption made by annoying monkeys, banjir yang semua gelabah balik and of course, One Segamat (the only place to watch movie)

I have always wanted eagerly for this day to come, for me to able - write and wrap everything in a post. It feels like yesterday I first came to Segamat, and now I am counting days to embark my new phase of life. I precisely remember the struggles I had to face when I learned ACC106 for the first time and I ended up getting an A+. Also, I experienced sitting for final semester paper twice because it was believed that MGT300 paper question had leaked among students. Hence we had to retake the paper a year ago, totally wasted our semester break masa tu sebab kena study. I guess my diploma is complete! 

Bid goodbye to KASWARA, thank you for the fun memories. My boyfriend Famell took this for us.

Girls on the first week of last semester.

Much love for these two. Lala and Ketua Komander Jihah. I will miss you both. All the best in future, keep on being yourselves because there are still good people who will accept us for who we are.

with the miss perfectionist herself, Peah. I know you'll do great in the future. Keep on striving for the stars. X

Bawang goreng. I thank God for these girls. Thank you for listening to my dramas. Ni tak kesah sangat sebab ni rasanya jumpa time degree ni.

Mini-Symposium Safety and Healthy Awareness Presentation Day

Sir Oswald suruh selfie sebagai bukti semua datang kelas Madam Ruziah. #INS200

Human Resource Management

us being crazy with lil kid (Umi)





on our last day of class.

JBM1115A on last day of exam (Diploma in Business Studies) Thank you!


If there is one thing I've learned from this journey that would be - give our best in anything we do even though we don't like it, paksa diri andai perlu. That's what I did but do figure out ways on how to realize your real dreams into reality. We'll get both so we are the lucky ones. As for myself, since writing is one of my strength according to many of you, I will keep on writing and inspiring. Thank you for those compliments you say through DM, WhatsApp and comments! I am humbled and grateful. The least that I contribute to society is through my own stories so that we all can be better! 


Bukan usaha yang menentukan kejayaan kita tapi Allah - S

Signing off, Segamat.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Congrats! Would you suggest me any good books to read? Whats your current reading anyways?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah thank you! Go and look for Reflections On Life by Soo Ewe Jin, one of my personal favourite. I am now re-reading books by Mitch Albom. :)

      Delete