Ramadhan Kareem Part II : Sedekah dan Rezeki

by - May 19, 2019


14 Ramadhan 1440H.

How time flies that we are now heading to the last ten days of Ramadhan. I pray that everyone is doing great, and even better each day in shaa Allah. 

I had a crazy hectic week, another 5 long days to go before so-called mid-semester and Raya break  In all fairness, everything goes well for me so far, as long as I am able to tick off my Ramadhan daily goals then I’m all good.

Ramadhan is also the month; we are able to see many people do charity to those who are in needs. It’s not that charity is only specific to be done during Ramadhan, but it’s just extra special – the feeling that we get when we help others. 

Have you ever wondered how do sadaqah relate with rezeki? I'd never know until it actually happened to me.

 

All these days, I thought - whenever I help someone, Allah SWT will reward me with something bigger, and that is not in term money solely. My thought goes this way - He makes it easy for me in my studies, He gives me good friends, He blessed me with amazing teachers, that’s what my humble opinion about rezeki.

Something crazy happened to me in the first week of Ramadhan, I never wanted to share this story with anyone, except for my family and close friends but then I thought this would be a great way to inspire others to always help everyone around us.

I knew my balance account was left with very little money because I have been using that bank card for shopping. I use it to buy my friends' presents, buy new clothes and mainly it is the only card I swipe for shopping.


Then one day, I wanted to check how much money do I have at the moment because I wanted to do some Raya online shopping.

The moment I checked; 
my heart stopped for two seconds. 

How is it possible my savings is more than what it should be? I quivered a bit. 

It is possible if my parents did bank in some money for me then they forgot to tell me and that would be odd because my parents always give money in hand.

 Then I asked my parents if they happened to do so and I was right, they didn’t.
I knew I must have done something right so I decided not to even think about it. 

Logically, it doesn’t make sense at all yet there is nothing impossible to Allah SWT. I believe my life is kind of blessed now in shaa Allah Aaamiin or perhaps as a way of a test from Him to see whether I will continue to do good to others.

and I pray that I will remain to do good to everyone around me.

Ever since, I knew, the more I give, the more He will give in a way that I would never expect.

Indeed, كُنْ فَيَكُونُ - Kun Faya Kun


(Qs Yasin: 82)

I'm not going to brag how generous my parents are, but they both are one of the nicest people I've ever known. I honestly think my dad taught me well. Babah suka sangat memberi, terlalu pemurah yang sampai tak pernah takut kalau takde duit.

I wanna be like that.

Hence, I am making this Ramadhan as a practice for myself to always treat my friends, tak kesah la berapa banyak walau sekecil mana pun. Yang penting setiap hari tangan tu sentiasa memberi.


Rasulullah shallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam bersabda:

من فطر صائما كان له مثل أجره ، غير أنه لا ينقص من أجر الصائم شيئا

“Orang yang memberikan hidangan berbuka puasa kepada orang lain yang berpuasa, ia akan mendapatkan pahala orang tersebut tanpa sedikitpun mengurangi pahalanya.” 
(HR. At Tirmidzi no 807)

I get happy whenever I see my friends happy. I pray that I am able to help everyone around me especially those who are not as lucky as myself. I need to stay humble and grounded because there are days where I forgot that everything that I have isn't mine, they are all Allah SWT's.

Those good clothes I am able to put on, that good food I am able to eat, that money I spend on unnecessary things, they are not mine. 

 I am privileged that my fate was set to be a good one, I have amazing parents, a stable financial background, I get what I want most of the time, and supportive friends around me, in a word, I would say blessed. 

Or maybe, my fate was set to be a good one, for me to help others, and not to enjoy whatever I am blessed all by myself. Now that I am an adult, Ramadhan for me is a time of self-reflection and being thankful for what I have in my life.


Dari Asma' binti Abu Bakr, Rasulullah shallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam bersabda padaku,

لاَ تُوكِي فَيُوكى عَلَيْكِ

"Janganlah engkau menyimpan  harta (tanpa mensedekahkannya). Jika tidak, maka Allah akan menahan rezeki untukmu.”

Syaikh Muhammad bin Sholih Al ‘Utsaimin rahimahullah menerangkan hadits di atas dengan mengatakan, “Nabi shallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam tidaklah mengucapkan sesuatu berdasarkan hawa nafsunya semata. Beliau bersabda, “Sedekah tidaklah mungkin mengurangi harta”. Kalau dilihat dari sisi jumlah, harta tersebut mungkin saja berkurang. Namun kalau kita lihat dari hakikat dan keberkahannya justeru malah bertambah. Boleh jadi kita bersedekah dengan 10 riyal, lalu Allah beri ganti dengan 100 riyal. 

Sebagaimana Allah Ta’ala berfirman,
,
وَمَا أَنْفَقْتُمْ مِنْ شَيْءٍ فَهُوَ يُخْلِفُهُ وَهُوَ خَيْرُ الرَّازِقِينَ


"Dan barang apa saja yang kamu nafkahkan, maka Allah akan menggantinya dan Dia-lah Pemberi rezeki yang sebaik-baiknya.” (QS. Saba’: 39)


Allah Ta’ala juga berfirman:

إِنَّ الْمُصَّدِّقِينَ وَالْمُصَّدِّقَاتِ وَأَقْرَضُوا اللَّهَ قَرْضاً حَسَناً يُضَاعَفُ لَهُمْ وَلَهُمْ أَجْرٌ كَرِيمٌ

“Sesungguhnya orang-orang yang bersedekah baik laki-laki maupun perempuan dan meminjamkan kepada Allah pinjaman yang baik, niscaya akan dilipat-gandakan (ganjarannya) kepada mereka; dan bagi mereka pahala yang banyak.” 
(Qs. Al Hadid: 18)


Janji Allah itu pasti, yang penting niat yang ikhlas sebelum melakukan sesuatu perkara. Dalam setiap rezeki kita pasti terselit rezeki buat orang lain. Semoga di akhirnya, takkan ada rasa sedikit berkira pun ketika membantu. Semoga cerita ini mampu memberi inspirasi untuk semua dalam melakukan kebaikan In shaa Allah Aamiiin Ya Rabbal Alamin.

You May Also Like

0 comments