KONVO 91- UiTM Segamat, Johor

by - October 28, 2019


when I sang "UiTM Di Hatiku" for the last time in the place where it all began  Dewan Sri Temenggong  I felt honoured and proud. I couldn't believe the day I had been waiting for years finally arrived. I felt as if I’ve grown up so much because the first time I walked in UiTM Segamat was an incompetent girl who didn’t get 9As for SPM despite going to one of the best schools in Malaysia.

Di dewan untuk mendaftar buat pertama kali dan di dewan yang sama menerima Diploma.

That little girl came to Segamat a day late because she was trying to digest her written fate, she took the challenge and came with big dreams, new hopes, and seizing the opportunity to prove that even though she didn’t do well in school, yet, it doesn’t guarantee what her future looks like. She wanted to show that having an excellent result for SPM was just merely a ticket, and not an assurance for uni life would be an amazing one too.

found this in my phone

2 years and a half aren’t a short period, those peals of laughter and tears, random road trip to Melaka, accidental money spent at Jakel and Ariani, days coming back and forth KUL-Segamat by KKKL, experienced flood for the first time ever in life, had to resit for MGT300, with monkeys invading our colleges, everything suddenly came in mind, and I smiled.

gambar lama: from breakfast mamak to Melaka real quick 

Kembali sebagai seorang graduan

Geng Bawangku

If you have been following my blog for quite a while, you'd known that my uncle was from UiTM Segamat too, the exact place where both of his nieces studied. He took DIA before flying off for UK to pursue his degree. What drove me to fly higher was Pak Ngah used to be one of the scorers hence making him eligible for Anugerah Graduan Terbaik during his time. I thought it would be cool if I could do the same after more than 20 years. But alas, my dream was destroyed by Izzat Nazmi HAHAHA. Honestly, he deserves the title more than I do, and that’s okay. #stillbitter

Alhamdulillah dapat pegang

The last time I visited Segamat was when I accompanied my sister to send her FYP and that was a few months ago. UiTM Segamat was my second home for 3 years and if TGB had prepared me for my real life, then I would safely say my life was pretty much organized in Segamat and I knew what I wanted this time around. The route wasn’t so smooth as much as I imagined it would be, but the path made me realized that I am capable of doing something that I’d never thought of being and doing.

Diploma in Business Studies was my tenth choice, I doubted myself, even my parents were so worried if I could nail it, but Babah said I should give it a try so I did hence it led me to success and victory – graduated with a sling pink on my shoulder. If people said I was exaggerating with my accomplishment, I don’t mind because they don’t know what I went through back in school, the frustration on my parents’ face on SPM Result Day, it was awful and I felt useless.

My dad didn't allow me to post but I'll make an exception for my blog. Thank you for providing me more than I needed, this one is the long over-due victory I promised to give for these two. 

I wanted to pursue BENL but God gave me a different path, I remember days I was crying because it was so hard for me but I told myself – I can do this! I wanted to quit but I didn’t as I truly believe, there must be a reason why He didn’t give me what I wanted which I thought I would excel if I were to pursue that particular course. I realized that His path made me a better person, I surprised myself a lot because there are so many things that I was capable to do without my knowing.

We used to be really close, girlfriend but you are now in different class already. We both are comfortable with our classmates so we don't want to move. I hope our friendship lasts, Weena. Thank you for everything you did for me.

Manager, photograhper and instafamous in a photo.

When I first pursued my degree, I struggled in adapting to the environment, it didn't feel right at all or perhaps I was too comfortable how convenience my life was in Segamat. I went back to Segamat with my chaotic Geng Bali  and after months, everyone is still the same. We dropped by Melaka to have ikan bakar for dinner. Amal and I had to answer our FIN534 online test inside the car and thanks to my friends, we did okay.

You better love your friends, Sujep.

Sotongnya besar amat

Madam Zue taught us MKT and she made it so easy for me. She still remembers me despite I was in my last semester already. She sent me this and it means a lot to me. That scented candle looks good there.

Everything feels good again as the moment I stepped in UiTM Segamat as if - it was waiting for me to come back. 3 years ago, I came with my parents to register as an UiTM student, but a week ago, I came with my good friends as graduates. My convo trip was more about catching up session with them. Some of my friends started working as they are yet to continue degree, I am proud how far they have come, always have and always will. I have always wanted to watch Orphan but don’t have the guts to do so, then we watched Orphan before going to sleep (punya penat tu sampai 2 malam ye tengok, macam ada part 1 & part 2)


I pray that our friendship lasts.

My favorite photo ever

Told Madam Zue we had our pre-convo inside UiTM je then she said, we shouldn't waste our money for unnecessary things. It doesn't matter if we hire photographers or not, the memories we created with the people in it way more valuable than money we spent. 

The mother figure I had for a year in UiTM Segamat. Terima kasih Tuhan kerana jadikan Madam Hanim sebagai guruku. Semoga yang baik-baik untuk Madam Hanim. I asked her to cry reading my letter oh well I bet she did HAHA.

Being the sweetest person, I bought presents for my lecturers who taught me before. Sujep and Amal helped me so we wandered around Blok Pensyarah to put the presents outside their rooms. I left a note too without my phone number written because I didn't want them to look for me because I was shy. All I wanted was for my lecturers to remember me who once they taught, however, some of them managed to contact me and honestly, I was touched. Gifts for Madam Haliza and Madam Ruziah were the last ones to be placed and their rooms are at BK. We went up to BK around 6 pm it was spooky I tell ya tapi demi madam punya pasal, beranikan jugak.

penerima Anugerah Naib Canselor bersama Tan Sri Zarinah Anwar, such an honour.

penerima Anugerah Naib Canselor Sidang 5 UiTM Johor

A few days ago, Madam Hanim replied to my WhatsApp saying suruh jaga diri, ingat Allah and pray for her. Little did she knew, I always pray for my teachers, they didn't have to ask because I already do because I truly believe without them, I wouldn't get to achieve my dreams. To my lecturers, thank you for everything you did for us, energy, time spent for us, halalkan segala ilmu dan mohon titipkan doa buat saya dan yang lain-lain kerana mungkin dengan berkat doa madam, mungkin kami akan berjaya.

Susun selang-seli ANC katanya.

Geng Bali-ku.

To my friends especially Geng Bali Mari-ku, thank you for accepting the way I am, being one of my good friends, Zaf and Sol are the proof of the famous Malay line - jangan benci sangat nanti sayang because I personally hated them before and look where it got me. I had my best friend, Farah to customize their gifts, gave each of them a book with names on it, handwritten okay! I hope they like it, because I am way too far from rich to buy them something expensive, that will do for now.

Nami Island Segamat


My best friend is so talented.

Now that I have graduated with ANC for my Diploma in Business Studies, I pray that may Allah bless me with whatever I'll be taking in the future. I guess I have to let go, and move on because wherever I'll be going, there will always a special place in my heart for UiTM Segamat. If I had the chance to change anything in life, I would opt not to because maybe what I wanted might not be the best for myself thus, no regrets for what had happened, I'm thankful I was placed there for 2 years and a half.

 
From SMKAB to MRSM TGB to UiTM Segamat and now UiTM Puncak Alam. All the best to you my baby brother.

Bersama Madam Shafika, madam yang ajar waktu part 2 dan part 4. Teringat Madam Hanim cerita how her husband, Sir Syamsul liked Madam Shafika dulu. Madam lagi cantik dari aku ye, I iz stressed.

Pencuri impian AGT-ku, Izzat Nazmi. Proud of you! (I pun layak jugak HAHA)

ok pinjam kejap Izzat punya.

girlfriend ft a glimpsed of Bendera Johor

And after 3 years of wondering, this success opened my eyes – we do have our own plans, we have several lists to be achieved but those are plans that we assume might be good for ourselves hence making us forget His plans are better than ours. Our efforts do not promise victory because at the end of the day, only He gets to decide to give or not to give because our success is only by Allah SWT.


All the best to you Nisah.

Make sure ANC for degree, Durr. Work hard till you achieve what you want. I pray the best for you.

it was really good to see you, Isz. Best of luck for finals and see you in Palam in shaa Allah.

I love you, Qila. If you know me personally then you know how mischievous I am, dulu dia stress sebab I suka datang bilik dia pastu lompat atas katil dia then she said I perangai macam kartun. Keep in touch always, Qila.

Sayang sangat madam Hanim ni so I bought something special for her, glad she loves it. Doakan untuk saya selalu, madam. 

Studying in UiTM Segamat was never in my life lists, tapi takdir Tuhan mengaturkan itu buat aku. Dan kerana takdir itu, aku ditemukan dengan sahabat-sahabat yang baik, serta guru-guru yang sungguh dedikasi dalam memberikan yang terbaik. Dan kerana takdir itu juga, Dia bukakan jalan untuk kejayaan yang aku impikan buat sekian lama. Dan kerana takdir itu juga, aku sekarang seorang Alumni UiTM Johor.

The day I bid goodbye for good to UiTM Segamat.

 Please remember me always as much as I know I would. There will be no place like home.
Salam Sayang,
Sarah Hannani Zainal Abidin (batch May 16 – Dec 18)

And it may be you dislike a thing which is good for you - Ibn Qayyim

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Omggg,, im so proud of you even we dont know each other but i randomly read your blog b'cus i will study in uitm Segamat too, and guess what you make me cry after reading it, it was soo touching ��all the Best for you✌️��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah thank you! The journey wasn't easy but it was all worth it. All the best in Segamat, trust me you'll do great there. Just hit me up if you need help :)

      Delete